Unbridled’s Song – Summer Raven, by Summer Squall | 2007 Gr/Rn. | Fee: $2,500 S&N
GRADED STAKES WINNING-MILER BY UNBRIDLED’S SONG
• By the brilliant UNBRIDLED’S SONG, sire of 2016 Breeders’ Cup Classic winner ARROGATE, Champion MIDSHIPMAN, Grade 1 winners WILL TAKE CHARGE, GRAYDAR, CROSS TRAFFIC, etc.
• A TDN Rising Star, winner of the one-mile Holy Bull Stakes (G3) in 1:35.97 in his stakes debut at Gulfstream Park, defeating JACKSON BEND, and captured the 1 1/8-mile Curlin Stakes at Saratoga by nine lengths.
• Produced from graded stakes winner and multiple graded stakes-placed SUMMER RAVEN (who sold for $1.7 million), dam of additional graded stakes winners—MISCONNECT, winner of the General George H. (G3), LEWIS BAY, graded stake winner at 2 and 3, 2016, Demoiselle S. (G2) and graded stakes producer, Elusive Raven (dam of LOST RAVEN, to 3, 2016, $359,000, Miss Preakness S. (G3).
• A $310,000 Keeneland purchase, he was the highest-priced yearling of his class by UNBRIDLED’S SONG.
• Sire of Blazing Brooke; at 2 in 2018 3rd in Florida Sire My Dear Girl S., 3rd in Florida Sire Susan’s Girl S., earnings of $97,800.
Age Starts 1st 2nd 3rd Earnings 2 3 2 0 1 $62,825 3 3 2 0 1 $160,000 4 4 0 1 1 $48,040 6 1 0 0 0 $2,500 Totals 11 4 1 3 $273,365
Won at 2
- An allowance race at Philadelphia Park (1 mile, by 12 1/2 lengths, named “TDN Rising Star,” defeating Strapping Groom, Afleet Again, Ponzi Scheme, etc.).
- A maiden special weight race at Saratoga (7f, by 3 lengths, defeating Stately Victor, On Vacation, Asphalt, Outlaw Man, Remittance, etc.).
3rd at 2
- A maiden special weight race at Delaware (5 1/2f, debut, by neck).
Won at 3
- Holy Bull S. (gr-III, at Gulfstream, 1 mile in 1:35 4/5, defeating Jackson Bend, William’s Kitten, Homeboykris, Aikenite, etc.).
- Curlin S. (9f at Saratoga, by 9 lengths, 97 Beyer, defeating Westshore, Winaholic, Regal warrior, So Elite, etc.).
3rd at 3
- Iowa Derby (gr-III, 8.5f, co-topweight, to Concord Point, Thiskyhasnolimit, defeating Down With Dixie, Vow to Wager, Forestry Type).
2nd at 4
- An allowance race at Delaware (8.5f, wet track, to Equestrio, defeating Soul Warrior, Good General, etc.).
3rd at 4
- Oaklawn H. (gr-II, 9f, 98 Beyer, to Win Willy, Misremembered, defeating Stachys, It Happened Again, Double Threat).
b. 1987 [BI]
b. 1977 [IC]
MR. PROSPECTOR(USA) b. 1970 [BC] KILLALOE(USA) b. 1970 GANA FACIL(USA)
LE FABULEUX(FR) ch. 1961 [P] CHAREDI(USA) dkb/br. 1976 TROLLEY SONG(USA)
gr. 1967 [IC]
FORTINO(FR) gr. 1959 CHAMBORD(GB) ch. 1955 LUCKY SPELL(USA)
LUCKY MEL(USA) ch. 1954 INCANTATION(USA) dkb/br. 1965 SUMMER RAVEN(USA)
NORTHERN DANCER(CAN) b. 1961 [BC] SOUTH OCEAN(CAN) b. 1967* WEEKEND SURPRISE(USA)*
SECRETARIAT(USA) ch. 1970 [IC] LASSIE DEAR(USA) b. 1974* RAHY ROSE(USA)
BLUSHING GROOM(FR) ch. 1974 [BC] GLORIOUS SONG(CAN) b. 1976 ROSE PARK(USA)
PLUGGED NICKLE(USA) b. 1977 HARDSHIP(USA) gr. 1977